Bao Quoc Pagoda
Located in the Bao Quoc street - Phuong Duc Ward, Hue City, Bao Quoc Pagoda was originally named Hàm Long Thiên Thọ Tự, by Master Giac Phong in the late seventeenth century under Lord Nguyen Phuc Tan reign. In 1747, Lord Nguyen Phuc Khoat reward the pagoda a tablet "Sắc Tứ Báo Quốc Tự" mentioned of the contribution of the pagoda to the country.
It was built by the square shape on Ham Long hill, on the area of 2 hectares. Passing through the 3 doors gate are two rows of very old longan on a courtyard planted many pine trees
The main temple hall behind the jade orchid trees and gentle peaceful in very solemn temple worship. In the middle of the main hall are very ancient Buddha statues.
Under Tay Son reign, the temple had been occupied for goods storage. In 1808, Hiếu Khương queen had restored and rebuilt the pagoda. The pagoda was renamed Hàm Long Thiên Thọ, the big bell of Dai Hong Chung was casted and Phổ Tịnh monk was assigned as the abbot of this pagoda.
In 1824, King Minh Mang visited the pagoda and named it "Báo Quốc". The king held a great ceremony of his birthday here in 1830. In 1858, the pagoda was damaged heavily, King Tu Duc and Tu Du Queen gave money to the pagoda for reconstructed shrines and other buildings in this pagoda.
Bao Quoc Pagoda is famous for its beauty, landscape, the pagoda architecture in ancient style with lower height and tucked away in the shadow of hundreds years old trees. The pagoda is also known with precious trees and flowers. Landscape and architecture of Bao Quoc can be said that it still keeps the old spirit through hundred years.
Vietnam Discoveries (st)