Linh Ứng Pagoda
Linh Ung Pagoda Temple Also known as Ngoài pagoda - mean outer pagoda- (Tam Thai Pagoda is the Inner pagoda). Situated on a broad, flat area on the east of Thuy Son, the relic of Ngu Hanh Son, next to Ngũ Cốc cave.
In the reign of Gia Long, the pagoda was built and named Ứng Chân pagoda, in the year of Minh Mang 6th, the pagoda was enhanced and expanded. In 1841, Emperor Thành Thái changed the name to Linh Ứng pagoda.
There're many statues in this pagoda: Buddha, Samantabhadra Bodhisattva, Manjusri Bodhisattva, Tathagata Shakyamuni, Avalokitesvara, Guan Yin...
Now in the Linh Ung pagoda there are two rare artifacts: they're 2 boards with golden plated words meaning the events of renaming the pagoda, certification of an national pagoda under Thành Thái reign..Behind Linh Ứng pagoda is Tàng Chơn cave, 7m width and 10 m long. There's a path connect with Tam Thai pagoda through the 3 doors gate.
Vietnam Discoveries (st)